Skrill India Review
Skrill, previously named as Moneybookers is an online e-commerce wallet service for transacting funds online. It’s a gateway service popular in the gambling world for its reliability and accountability. They started in 2001, own and regulated by the PaySafeGroup. This service is popular among the betting world for its low fees and rates, quick support, and assurance it gives to the user. It can be also used to form websites and apps available on iOS and Android.
Why should you use Skrill?
If you are looking for a safe e-wallet service having competitive fees and rates, is trusted by millions of users, and accepted by many betting sites and merchants, it is your option. Trusted by millions of users from 2001, it’s an e-service you can simply rely on. The vast majority of customers praised the extremely low fees and rate of Skrill, ease of use, as well as the speed of delivery of the funds.
How does Skrill work in India?
For using its services, you need to create your account if you are a first time user. After creating your account, you can add funds to your wallet by debit/credit card or bank transfer, and then can use your e-wallet for shopping, betting, other services without using your sensitive information like a card or bank details.
Steps for creating a new account —
- Visit Skrill homepage
- Click on Register
- You’ll be redirected to a new page where you have to fill your Name, Country, Currency, email id, and password.
- Click on register
You’ll be redirected to your account then.
Skrill Account Verification Process
After creating your account, you will be needed to verify identity. You cannot send or receive funds without completing the verification process. Verification of account is needed for security reasons and it also helps to retrieve your e-wallet in case if a user loses its access. In this process generally, you will be needed to provide the following things: Full Name, Address, Postal Code, Phone Number.
- Then you’ll be asked to enter the OTP that you’ll receive in your phone number. If you don’t get one, you can also opt for getting OTP on your email address.
- Once you have completed the process of verification, you’ll be ready to use your account.
Skrill Deposit Methods
Skrill supports many depositing methods. We are providing you the general guidelines for adding money to your account.
- You’ll be asked for email id, password, OTP code in your email, and 6 digits special id for sign up.
- Once successfully done, you’ll be redirected to your homepage.
- Click either on Pay Online or Send money, you’ll get the option of adding funds to your e-wallet.
- You can choose from many options as given for funding your account.
- The minimum transfer is Rs. 178 and maximum are of Rs. 1065102
You can use the following for depositing fund to your account —
Skrill Deposit Processing Fees
The Depositing fees by various methods are —
- Credit/debit card — 2.5%
- Neteller – 2.5%
- UPI – 2.5%
- AstroPay & Net Banking — 2.5%
Skrill Withdrawal Methods
Customers can use various methods for withdrawal ranging from the mobile transfer, foreign exchange, withdrawal to the bank, payment to merchant sites, and many more. The popular methods are —
- Skrill to Skrill Transfer
- Send money to email/phone number
- Withdrawal to bank
- Foreign Exchange
- Buying Cryptocurrency
- Skrill Money Transfer
- And many more
While making the payment, just use Skrill as a payment option, login to your Skrill account and make the payment by using the funds available.
Skrill Withdrawal Processing Fees
Different bank charges different processing fees, for example-
- Visa- 7.5%
- Mobile wallet- 1.45 %
- Bank Account- EUR 5.50
- Skrill to Skrill- 1.45%
Skrill Transfer Fees
Owing to the competitive pricing, Skrill doesn’t charges any fee for abroad money transfer, but a charge of up to 2% is there on domestic transfers. You’ll be notified about any charges incurred on the transaction in the Summary Page.
Fees For Popular Funding Options —
- Bank Transfers using Swift: FREE
- Credit Cards: 1.9%
- Debit Cards: American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, and Visa credit cards from India.
- Transfer to/from Betting Sites: FREE
Transfers to Other Accounts:
When sending money to other personal accounts, Skrill charges a fee of 1% of the amount or 662.03 INR, whichever is less. This includes transfers to other Skrill users.
If you’re making online purchases Skrill does not charge for transferring funds to online merchants, including betting and gambling sites. Receiving funds from merchants is also free. You can conveniently rotate your money from one betting site to another, in order to take advantage of the best bonuses and odds.
Transfer From Skrill to Neteller
You can transfer funds from your Skrill to Neteller with easy steps and the funds are instantly transferred to your Skrill account.
To initiate a transfer to a Skrill wallet, follow the steps below —
- Log into your Neteller account and click on Deposit.
- Chose Skrill as a deposit option and click on Next.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit, the email address registered in your Neteller Account and your Secure ID or your Google Authenticator code (if you have activated the two-step authentication option), and click on Upload.
- Once the transaction has been completed, it will appear in the History section of your account.
Transfer From Skrill to Paytm/Paypal
There is no way to transfer funds directly from Skrill to Paytm, though, there are exchange services that you can use to do such transfer with a fee. But there are third party websites like “Payglobel” and “Wallets to Wallets,” which will transfer funds from Skrill to Paytm by taking some charges.
- Go to their main website “Wallets to Wallets”
- Enter your details, Name, Skrill email id, currency, amount wanted to transfer, and Paytm number. Click on proceed.
- Now, on this page they’ll provide their email id to which you have sent the amount+ charges through Skrill ‘Money Transfer->Send money to email’ option.
- Fill the information, recipient email address (in this case email provided by (wallets to wallets), amount to transfer, and currency.
- After an hour so, you’ll receive the fund in your Paytm account.
Betting Sites That Accept Skrill
Skrill is accepted by many betting sites, from Dafabet to Royal Panda, owing to its popularity, credibility, and security, it’s the leader in e-wallet services in the Betting world. Almost every major betting sites accept transactions from it, hence you’ll find no difficulty using it for gambling.
There are many betting sites which accept Skrill, namely —
- Royal Panda
- 888 Casino
- William Hill
- Paddy Power
Skrill Mobile App
It is available on both iOS and Android platforms where users can download it and access their account via the app. It’s a hassle-free solution for the customers on the go.
Steps for using the app —
- Log in by using your credentials
- Select ‘Send Money’
- Enter a recipient email address and payment details
- Select your currency and amount
- Confirm and send
Skrill has been in the market since 2001. It’s regulated by the Financial Association of the United Kingdom and is used in many countries for its reliability and secure protocols. Skrill is owned by the PaySafe Group, a company registered as a Money Service Business with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and licensed to operate within the European Economic Area. Therefore, you can without a doubt use Skrill services.
Skrill supports its customer over email, feedback that you’ll find on every page. They have their FAQ section, and also you can contact them on the phone a customer care representative will be there to assist you. You can visit Skrill’s dedicated customer support webpage for any support or resolution of difficulty you may face.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. How can I verify my Skrill account?
— Just log in to your registered email account and verify your ID, or register your Skrill account with your registered mobile number.
2. How can I withdraw funds from my Skrill account?
— There are several ways to withdraw your funds, check out their website, or just read our article.
3. How does the Skrill mobile app work?
— It works like any other payment app, you can find it in Apple Store or the Google Play store.
4. How do I send money to other Skrill holders?
— Just read our article, or check out their official website. And download their app for easy transactions.
5. What is Strong Customer Authentication?
— Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) is a newly introduced European regulatory requirement that aims at making online payments more secure.
6. What is Rapid Transfer and why should I use it?
— Rapid Transfer is an instant bank transfer payment option part of PaySafeGroup. This option allows you to instantly deposit at ease.