PayPal India Review
PayPal is one of the leading payments service provider globally. Started in 1998 in the US, it has gained a wide user base in many countries. It’s one of the most accepted and secure e-wallet service providers in the field. In this article, we explain from creating a fresh account, funding your account to sites accepting payment from PayPal. PayPal is an excellent deposit method for every gambler. Casino operators seeking Paypals approval must send contact information, business summary, and undergo a company review before verification and authorization are granted. Furthermore, Paypal offers amazing protection against unauthorized payments, which significantly reduces the risk of fraud and your susceptibility to hacking attempts.
It is worth pointing out that PayPal doesn’t deal with shady gambling sites, which means that if you all the sites that support PayPal banking are pretty much guaranteed to be trustworthy. All in all, if you’re an inexperienced gambler or you don’t want to go through the hassle of setting up another e-wallet account specifically for real money gaming purposes, you simply can’t go wrong with PayPal.
Why should I use PayPal?
Just like in the case of other popular e-wallets, PayPal transactions are safe, convenient, and fast. It’s worth noting the number of PayPal-friendly poker networks and casino sites are extremely limited – only the largest India-facing gambling giants support PayPal deposits and cashouts. There are many advantages of using PayPal as a payment method at an online casino:
- Safe and secure deposits and withdrawals: It offers several security features such as Buyer Protection, Fraud Protection, and Data Encryption so that your account isn’t misused.
- Speed: deposits in casinos take only minutes to complete and withdrawals are super quick too, once your withdrawal request is approved by the casino.
- Your banking details remain hidden at casinos as you’ll only be using your PayPal login credentials when depositing or withdrawing funds.
- It has tremendous reach and offers multi-currency support.
How PayPal works?
To avail of its services, you need to create an account. If you don’t have an account, below are the steps you can follow to create your fresh account.
- Go on the official webpage. Click on Sign Up
- Choose ‘Individual account’ to send and receive payments, and then click on next
- On the next page, you will be asked to enter your email id, mobile number, and password. Click on next.
- You’ll receive OTP on the mobile number you mentioned. Input that.
- Next, you’ll be asked to fill your Nationality, first name, last name, address town/city, country/state, PIN code. Click on agree and create account
- Now you’ll be redirected to security challenges. Complete it
- On the next page, you have to link debit/credit card, add the card details, and click on ‘link card.’ You might be redirected to your card’s merchant page for verification.
And voila! You have created your new account with PayPal, but things are not all completed yet. Read the next paragraph to verify and secure your account.
PayPal Account Verification Process
You need to fill certain details to complete your KYC details in order to receive and send money from domestic or international sources. Below are the things that you must do to verify your account.
- You would be sent an email link to your email address to click upon for verifying the same; in case of phone number validation you will receive a verification code that you need to key in;
- In order to ensure secure access to your account, you need to provide answers to two security questions; these are saved for verification purposes or for account recovery;
- You can then proceed to view the different functions available to you as well as proceed to fill in the bank and other financial details in order to pay and receive funds through PayPal;
- In order to receive funds, you can simply forward the registered email address which acts as the PayPal ID; in case one wishes to withdraw funds they need to provide bank account details as well as debit or credit card details;
- Every information that is entered such as pertaining to a bank account or a credit card, these need to be validated; PayPal has its own bank account validation proceed which takes about a day to be completed;
- Besides bank details, PayPal also asks for PAN card details to be provided;
- Attach bank account details and fill in purpose code for opening the account; this is necessary for RBI to track the nature of transactions you have on the account;
- Incoming payments are allowed on the site only when a user has a verified account;
- Bank detail verification needs a day or two to be completed after which you can start using the account to deposit funds as well as get payments into their PayPal account;
Once the above process is completed a user can log into online casinos that accept PayPal deposits and make transfers easily.
PayPal Deposit Methods
You can fund your e-wallet in many ways by PayPal. Here we are providing you the steps to some of the most common methods employed to make a deposit to your account.
Through Local Bank Account –
- Sign in to your PayPal account.
- Go to ‘Payment Methods.’
- Click ‘+’ under ‘Bank Accounts.
- Add bank account details.
- Click ‘Continue.’
Note: PayPal will send 2 small deposits (less than 1.50 INR) to your bank account within 24 hours.
- Once you receive the deposits, click ‘Confirm’ near the bank details.
- Enter the deposit values and click ‘Confirm.’
Through Credit/Debit Card –
- Go to ‘Payment Methods’
- Go to ‘Credit and Debit Cards.’
- Click ‘Link a Card.’
- Enter your card information and save it.
- You will be directed to the card issuer’s website for authentication.
- Enter the OTP you have received within 48 hours to confirm your card.
Note: Confirmation of credit cards requires you to enter a unique 4 digit PayPal code on the card statement. You will be charged $1.95 (135 INR approximately) for the same. Once confirmed, you will receive a refund of $1.95 within 30 days.
- Requesting funds via email/mobile number-
- Go to ‘Send and request’
- Go to ‘Request.’
- Add email id of the person to whom you are requesting money. Click on next.
- Enter the amount and the currency you want to request. Add a note if you wish for the recipient. Click on ‘Request Payment’.
And you are done. If the recipient doesn’t have a PayPal account he can create one account with the link mentioned in the email.
PayPal Deposit Processing Fees
There are no fees from PayPal for using their services, there’s only a fee on GST and a currency conversion processing fee when you ship overseas.
PayPal Withdrawal Methods
As stated earlier, the process of withdrawal of PayPal funds to an Indian Bank Account is automatic (within 24 hours).
If you’ve linked one bank account, this is going to be the default account where you will receive all funds every day. If you have linked multiple accounts, you can choose your preferred bank account for withdrawal.
This apart, you can manually withdraw money by following these steps:
- Sign in to your PayPal account.
- Click ‘Payment Methods.’
- Click ‘Transfer Funds’ under the PayPal balance.
- Enter the withdrawal amount and select your bank.
- Click ‘Continue.’
- Review the details and confirm ‘Withdraw.’
- Check your bank account to see if the amount has been credited.
Approval of withdrawal will depend on your bank’s transaction clearing process. Usually, it takes 1 business day but could extend up to 7. The minimum amount for withdrawing manually is 500 INR. Also, once you have requested a withdrawal, you cannot cancel it. For local payments, PayPal currently deducts 2.5% of the total amount + 3 INR fixed fee per transaction.
PayPal Withdrawal Processing Fees
There are different bars for the processing fees for the withdrawal option, some of which are –
- Up to $3,000 USD – 4.4% + Fixed Fee (based on ongoing currency conversion rates)
- $3,000.01 USD – $10,000 USD – 3.9% + Fixed Fee (based on ongoing currency conversion rates)
- $10,000.01 USD – $100,000 USD – 3.7% + Fixed Fee (based on ongoing currency conversion rates)
- $100,000.01 USD and more – 3.4% + Fixed Fee (based on ongoing currency conversion rates)
The currency conversion will depend on the prevailing market rate. Furthermore, PayPal users in India cannot receive amounts that exceed $10,000 in one transaction. Also, in case of a failed withdrawal due to incorrect bank details, the amount is refunded to the PayPal account in exchange for a withdrawal return fee.
With a view to meeting the latest GST rates levied by the Government of India, PayPal has started levying the same on every user, regardless of a personal or business account.
18% GST is now applicable to the PayPal fee and a copy of the consolidated invoice sent to the user every month. Only those users registered in an SEZ (Special Economic Zone) unit are exempted from the tax.
One of the biggest advantages of opening a PayPal account is that is free. Unlike a normal bank account, you do not have to pay any fees or charges for opening a PayPal account. You deactivate the account at any time, without paying any fees.
The only fee attracted is for undertaking transactions. Customers in India have to pay a transaction fee of 2.5% of the sum remitted along with a fixed fee of ₹3 per transaction. If you are using your PayPal account to shop in the US, you can undertake any transaction (online or in-store) or transfer funds to other accounts in the US for free.
Betting Sites That Accept PayPal
Some top-notch gambling websites that accept Paypal are –
- Royal Panda
- Pure Casino
- Ruby Fortune
- Spin Palace
- Jackpot City
PayPal Mobile App
The official app is available both for iOS and Android users. When installed on your phone-
- Enter your mobile number/email and password.
- You’ll receive the OTP on your registered mobile number, enter that.
And you are done! You can do everything- from receiving to sending funds from your mobile app, as you can do with your website.
Paypal pays strict adherence to the guidelines of RBI. It’s the most trusted and secure e-wallet service available in the market. Due to its strict policies and guidelines, you can rightly feel to be safe while associating with this multinational firm. Therefor your money and privacy are in safe hands and you can solely concentrate on your gambling as long as you are using the services of PayPal.
Indian customers holding PayPal accounts, who have any issues such as sending or receiving funds can get in touch with the customer care unit on the toll-free number 1-800-419-9833. You can get in touch with customer care executives anytime between 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., from Monday to Sunday. You may be asked to verify your name and account details before the service is offered.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Is Paypal Safe?
– It’s safe- PayPal is a registered firm which follows the guidelines of RBI
2. How to add money to Paypal?
– Refer to our ‘deposit methods’ to learn about it
3. Where can I use Paypal?
– You can use PayPal for gambling, paying your bills, shopping and many more.